It used to be that a real estate agent would list a home and provide periodic updates to the seller. A periodic update isn’t good enough anymore. Showing activity has moved online. Giving sellers richer, better feedback about showing activity is more important than ever.
A traditional showing is when a prospective buyer walks through the home taking in the floor plan, feel, and ambiance of the surroundings. A virtual showing is where prospective buyers browse listing photos and property details on their computer or mobile device. Listings today may have a half dozen traditional showings compared with thousands of virtual showings.
The most successful agents understand a five key principles about this new dynamic:
- More online showings means better results for their seller.
- Prospective buyers care most about photos and information.
- Proper display, including professional photography and virtual walkthrough technology, are required.
- Listing agents must receive the leads from their listings.
- Sellers need to be informed along the way.